What is a Nine Sided Shape?
With nine straight sides that meet at nine corners make a polygon that is called a Nonagon. Nonagon is a 2D nine sided shape that belongs to the family. The word “nonagon ” comes from the Latin word “nona “, meaning nine, and “gon “, meaning sides. So it literally means “nine-sided shape “.
There are 9 straight sides and 9 vertices connecting these straight sides in a nonagon. The Sum of all the interior angles of a nine-sided polygon is equal to 1260 degrees.
In Greek, a nonagon is called an enneagon, which means “nine corners”.
Types of (Nonagon) 9-Sided Shape
There are two types of nonagon.
- Regular Nonagon
- Irregular Nonagon
- It is a two-dimensional shape.
- It has nine vertices.
- Each interior angle is at 140^\circ and the sum of these interior angles is 1260^\circ.
- It’s all straight lines that have equal lengths.
- It has an exterior angle equal to 360 degrees.
- The sum of all of its interior angles is 1260^\circ degrees.
- Angles at varying degrees.
- It is a nine-sided, two-dimensional shape
- Additionally, it has straight lines
- The sides are not equal in length.