Trigonometry is an important branch of mathematics.
Trigonometry is a Greek word. The word Trigonometry has been divided into three phases.
Tri mean THREE
Goni mean ANGLES
Metron mean MEASUREMENT
It is clear that Trigonometry means Measurement of a triangle.
Unit of Measures of Angles.
What is Angle.
- Two rays have the same initial points make an angle with each other.
- The starting point is called the initial point and the other is called the ending point or terminating point.
Property of Triangle
- The hypotenuse is always the longest side and it is the opposite of the right-angle.
- The opposite side of the triangle that side is opposite to the angle.
- The adjacent side is the side that is adjacent to the angle.
- The greatest side is opposite to the greatest angle.
- The smallest side is opposite to the smallest angle.
- you can check the Rotation of axes for further concepts.