- Quadrilateral Definition in Math: A quadrilateral (in geometry) can be defined as a closed, two-dimensional shape which has four straight sides(edges).
- The polygon which has four vertices or corners.
- Interior angles equal to 360^\circ[\katex]
- A quadrilateral can be regular or irregular
We can find the shape of quadrilaterals in various things around us, for example in a chess board, a deck of cards, a kite, a tub of popcorn, a sign board and in an arrow.
Quadrilateral Definition in Math
Types of Quadrilateral
There are many types of quadrilateral (in geometry). As the word, ‘Quad’ means 4 all these types of quadrilateral have four sides, and the sum of angles of these shapes is 360 degrees.
some quadrilaterals are here
Trapezium actually Describing a geometric shape, has two contradictory meanings:
Outside the US and Canada: A quadrilateral with at least one pair of parallel sides (known in the US as a trapezoid)
In the US and Canada: A quadrilateral with no parallel sides (known elsewhere as a general irregular quadrilateral)
Trapezium can also mean:
- Trapezium (bone), a bone in the wrist
- Trapezium (astronomy), a group of stars in the Orion Nebula